“The class was OUTSTANDING! The perfect balance of on-line learning, testimonials, group reflection, and applied learning assignments. The PEOPLE book was well written and easy to follow. I suggest that all of the organization from team leads to top management attend the training. This training helped me understand new ways to apply the concepts and see the total picture. Thank you for sharing the experience and helping us through the process.” – Business Leader, Operations
The client, a $6 billion Heavy Equipment Manufacturer, was heavily focused on lean and operational excellence. Its current lean training program was structured with continuous improvement managers supporting each site. Team members had been trained on lean tools and problem solving methods, but the cultural change into lean thinking was slow to follow.
The client needed to prepare leaders within the operation with the knowledge necessary to:
- Lead the organization towards lean – build the lean culture that continuously drives business results in total cost reduction, process improvement, decreased turnover and more
- Build leadership skills that connect people, purpose, and process
- Improve processes across the value stream
- Become a change agent through action-driving measurement and management systems
The customer started planting seeds about lean leadership and cultural transformation as a necessity by distributing the Shingo Award-winning leadership book People: a leader’s day-to-day guide to building, managing, and sustaining lean organizations to their executives at the company’s annual global leadership forum.
Future State - Analysis, Tools, Solutions
Based on the book PEOPLE, LeanCor’s online lean leadership course enabled the client to start building the lean problem-solving culture it needed. Students enjoyed the flexibility of self-paced coursework while maintaining a steady pace with a structured weekly format:
- Each Online Lesson included a 1-hour, self-paced module comprised of application videos and exercises followed by a 10-question knowledge assignment.
- Learning was applied immediately through weekly project work.
- Support and feedback was provided through weekly coaching sessions led by a certified LeanCor Executive. In these 1-hour sessions, students presented their homework assignments, engaged in discussion and reviewed course concepts. Participants learned valuable take-aways from each other’s assignments, ideas and discussions.
Participants learned skills through topics such as: Purpose and Value Alignment, Leading with Vision, Using Effective Measurement Systems, Time Management and Leader’s Standard Work, Leader as Student and Teacher, Building Teams and Change Management.
Results Thus Far: Deliverables, Improvements, Customer Home-Runs
The blended format proved to be the successful formula for corporate-wide training:
While team members were located at different locations worldwide, the course encouraged teamwork and development of a cohesive, lean culture.
Posted by LeanCor Supply Chain Group
LeanCor Supply Chain Group is a trusted supply chain partner that specializes in lean principles to deliver operational improvement. LeanCor’s three integrated divisions – LeanCor Training and Education, LeanCor Consulting, and LeanCor Logistics – help organizations eliminate waste, drive down costs, and build a culture of continuous improvement.Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Google+